Calypso Island French Bulldog's
"Birthplace of Your Future lil' Frenchie"
Calypso Island French Bulldog Boutique
On this ______day of __________________2022, Buyer(s) agree to pay the deposit to Jody Rhyne of Calypso Canine Company in the sum of $___________as a partial payment/deposit/holding fee for the purchase of an American Kennel Certified Purebred French Bulldog in the amount of $_____________, color: _________________, sex: __________, date of birth: _____________, 2022. The deposit is non-refundable to reserve the puppy/dog, this deposit has kept someone else from adding this puppy/dog to their home and family, (the above deposit can be applied to another puppy of the same or a different litter of a later date with-in one year, minus purchase of air travel). The puppy/dog described above will be held until he or she is ready to travel and has received a State of Florida Health Certificate at approximately 8-10 weeks of age. The balance is owed at the time of pick-up/drop-off or before transport. Monies to be paid in cash or bank transfer (any other form of payment must be agreed upon and subject to 10% processing fees). This is a binding contract between the Buyer as named below and Calypso Canine Company Seller/Breeder.
City, State: ______________________________________________
The Breeder guarantees that upon receipt of your French Bulldog it is in good health, has been fully examined, up to date immunized have received as well as a clear fecal, performed by a licensed veterinarian and certified by the State of Florida. Also that the parents of the litter are in good health prior to conceiving, during and post whelping. We chose to have an inclusive breeding program; we do not use crates or kennels. We have a Puppy Nursery which includes a large whelping area for Momma and her pups, at approximately (4) weeks the pups are introduced to our program and family environment to develop socialization, confidence and to ensure exceptional temperaments. The pups are separated within a baby/pup yard at feeding time and to sleep for safety and are video monitored 24/7.
1. Buyer must have the French Bulldog examined by a licensed veterinarian within (3) business days of delivery. The Breeder must be informed immediately of the examination’s result by email and by phone. The failure to do this will result in the cancellation of this guarantee. The Breeder is not responsible for any vet bills incurred by the Buyer.
2. Buyer must provide the French Bulldog with routine preventive care, such as but not limited to annual physical examinations by a licensed veterinarian. Follow State guidelines and review your veterinarian recommended vaccinations and deworming. *Please do your own research and make your own decisions when it comes to added prevention if you live in an area that you know there is a problem with ticks and/or fleas you would want to take preventative action if not, your puppy/dog does not need extra chemicals in their body without reason. Example: the American Heartworm Society recommends that you “think 12:” (1) get your pet tested every 12 months for heartworm and (2) give your pet heartworm preventive 12 months a year.
3. Your French Bulldog must be paid in full by 10 weeks of age or all monies paid and all claims to the puppy will be forfeited, including deposit unless written special arrangements have been made between Buyer and Breeder.
4. Your French Bulldog is guaranteed at a minimum of (1) year of age against a fatal and life altering congenital disease which adversely affects the life of the animal. If the dog dies within this one-year time frame, the Buyer will pay to have it autopsied to ascertain the reason. If the reason is congenital, the seller will replace the puppy.
5. This guarantee does not cover what in the bulldog breed is considered normal: Cherry eye, Entropion, “Loose Hips”, Skin Allergies, Over or Underbites, Elongated Soft Palate, Undescended testicles, Prolapsed Urethra and Stenotic Nares (collapsed nostrils), no guarantee is offered that your French Bulldog can or will produce offspring. If given “Full Rights” and medically at no fault of your own and your Frenchie cannot reproduce, the price difference between “Companion/Limited Rights vs Full Rights” will be refunded at Breeders discretion. after Breeder receives (2) documented veterinarian visits explaining the natural cause, (1) exam will be Breeders Vet.
6. This guarantee does not cover hip dysphasia as all of our puppies are vet checked and cleared before leaving and many times hip problems arise as a result of outside influences beyond our control Puppies should not be allowed to jump off high places such as a couch, bed, car, even stairs, etc. this can cause head trauma/concussion, a possible seizure and/or a sprained or a broken leg and/or knee/hip. Repeated negligence may lead to surgery and will change the quality of life of your pup. Be mindful of extremely careful of on-going slick floor surfaces, this can also cause hip and feet issues. Please do not leave your pup alone with any other animals until you're 100% sure, often our other animals don't realize how rough their playing is and certainly wouldn't mean to harm a pup, but this does occasionally happen.
7. This guarantee does not cover IVDD, “Intervertebral disc disease (IVDD) in dogs is a condition where the cushioning discs between the vertebrae (bones) of the spinal column either bulge or burst into the spinal cord space. This is commonly called a herniated disc or slipped disc” breeds that are predisposed to IVDD include the Dachshund, Basset Hound, Shih Tzu, Corgi’s and German Shepherd Dogs. It is highly recommended you limit your puppy’s jumping, climbing stairs, rough housing on uneven ground and walk your pup with a harness.
8. There are certain disorders that may be caused by environmental factors, for example, allergies, thyroid dysfunction, demodectic mange, entropion and other autoimmune disorders that are not covered by this guarantee.
9. All items covered by this guarantee are by replacement only. We do not give refunds, accept at Breeders discretion regarding#5.
10. The Breeder will not be responsible for any medical expenses incurred. Buyer is aware that owning a puppy means trips to the veterinarian and understands that he/she will be responsible for all payments.
11. This guarantee does not include Coccidia, Giardia and Kennel Cough, which are common in puppies that are subject to new stress. Kennel Cough is self-limiting and like the common cold, it must run its course. Full recovery is expected and Kennel Cough on its's own is not life-threatening. Before going home your puppy has received a fecal check, by the state of law any abnormalities must be documented on the State Health Certificate.
12. A puppy showing any serious genetic or congenital defect will be replaced as follows:
The animal must show the defect by one year of age. The Breeder must be notified of the problem within (3) business days of the licensed veterinarian’s determination and have two reports from two unassociated veterinarians stating the same problem and Breeder will provide a replacement puppy of equivalent value. A puppy with a defect must be returned and may not be euthanized without the prior permission of the Breeder to qualify for a replacement puppy. No refund, in part or in full will be given. A returned puppy must be returned to the Breeder in good condition, other than the specified problem, at the buyer’s expense. The Buyer will then qualify for a replacement puppy. Buyer is responsible for transportation costs to and from the Breeder on a replacement puppy. No replacement puppy will be given if the puppy has been euthanized without the Seller’s permission. Replacement puppy will be mutually agreed upon by both parties and will be of comparable quality. It is understood that the replacement puppy may not be from the exact same parents of the original puppy.
13. This guarantee applies to the original French Bulldog only and is nontransferable to a second party.
14. Buyer is responsible for the payment of delivery approximately $200-$500. Breeder agrees to furnish appropriate approved puppy/dog crate, all other necessities for puppy/dog to be accepted to travel. Puppies may fly with a flight nanny of your choice. Unless other arrangements have been agreed upon in writing by email, Breeder or representative agrees to deliver within a 3hr driving distance. *The Breeder does not allow any ground shipping. The breeder is not responsible for any injury or illness which occurred during third-party licensed/bonded air transportation with Buyer’s choice of flight nanny
15. Special note: Puppies are normally ready to transport or pick-up/drop off at approximately 8-10 weeks old depending on the puppy. Puppies like to play and at times they get rough. They can acquire light/mild non-medical scratches or cuts, bumps, and bruises, along with other things those rambunctious puppies get. Buyer agrees not to hold Breeder liable for any acts of the puppy. The Breeder will arrange with Buyer a time and location convenient to Buyer for drop-off the chosen puppy.
16. It is especially important that you do not take your puppy to a public beach, any park, rest area, especially a dog area, etc. until the puppy is over 16 weeks and/or has had (3) series of vaccinations due to the risk of PARVO a life-threating disease, especially for snub nose breeds. *Please be cautious to the heat and/or exercise, snub nose breeds can become easily overheated and it can be life-threating, provide plenty of fresh water, if you find your Frenchie overheated immediately draw him a cool-cold bath to bring down their temperature, in extreme cases seek emergency veterinary assistance.
17. A quality diet must be maintained to ensure this Health Guarantee. Follow the provided feeding schedule from the Breeder for 12 months, adding only quantity. Exception *In addition you may after 16 weeks slowly introduce freshly cooked meats, select vegetables, fruits, and some grains. Too much grain leads to an overgrowth of yeast which can lead to ear and skin infections causing your pup discomfort. When the time comes to introduce your puppy to an adult formula, introduce slowly by mixing for a week. Choose a quality 5* rating Grain-free paying close attention to recalls; Earthborn, Victor, Zignature, Fromm, Nulo, Orijen, Canidae, Organix, Wellness Core, Instinct, etc. Dogs may need some Grain, I suggest you can choose to add 1-2 times a week cooked Rice, Quinoa. Oatmeal, Flax or even a little Pasta. Frenchie’s love human food and you can share a little after 12 weeks accept: Chocolate, Corn, Grapes/Raisins, Onions, Avocados, Nuts, Spicey, Salty or Greasy foods, ANY Sugar Alternatives, Rawhides, etc.
Cut up hot dogs & apples, raw carrots, cheese cubes, frozen yogurt, sardines in water all make a great reward treat, even a few animal crackers.
18. AKC Registration will be either Limited or With Full Rights as agreed, as follows: _______________________. If "Full Rights" were not given, the Buyer does NOT have permission to breed. Unauthorized breeding will result in Limited AKC registration being revoked and a fine of 2 X the amount of the above French Bulldog puppy purchase price will be owed with (7) days of confirmation. Initials requires __________.
19. Buyer cannot spay or neuter prior to 12 months, due to the harmful effects. French Bulldogs are not fully grown before 2 years of age, just like us humans it is medically proven that altering their hormones effects their bones and overall growth which could lead to health issues and their quality of life.
20. Seller/Breeder must be made aware of any planned surgery or serious injury within the puppy's first year.
21. Breeder agrees to accept back the ownership of the above French Bulldog at any time for any reason, Breeder agrees to arrange for transportation at Breeder expense. A partial financial payment maybe given based on the age, condition and/or circumstances.
22. The buyer will give full permission to the Breeder to remove the above French Bulldog at any time or place that he/she is being abused and/or neglected. Animal abuse is a Felony by State Law, any/and all knowledge will be officially reported at once.
23. Buyer(s) cannot resell, rehome, give away, and/or surrender the puppy/dog at any time without Breeders/Seller's knowledge and written authorization. At a minimum, the AKC will be revoked and/or up-to litigation and fines 2 X the amount of above puppy purchase price. If Breeder/Seller agrees to a "new" approved home, the "new" Buyer/Caregiver must be on record with the Breeder/Seller and deemed acceptable by providing the best home and care.
24. By paying and agreeing to the above-mentioned deposit you agree to the above terms and conditions. This contract is null and void if the terms and conditions are not fulfilled. All alterations, changes, special requests and/or conditions must be agreed to by both parties by email and/or certified mail.
25. Buyer agrees that he/she understands this contract fully and that this contract is under the jurisdiction of the State of Georgia, in the county of Haralson. It is agreed that the place of venue shall be in Haralson County, Georgia.
Seller: Calypso Canine Company dba: Calypso Island French Bulldogs